Pairing a RS507 with an iPad?

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
21 7 0

does anyone know if our BT scanners can be paired up with an iPad?  I know there is a FW update in development to allow an RS507 to pair with a PC (LS3578 can already do this), but has anyone tried that with an iPad (or any other device)? I suspect we may see more customers asking similar questions the future. thanks, afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Amnon, Can I get a copy of this Beta Software please? Many thanks, Matt

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, Did you ever get an answer or make any ground with the RS507 pairing to an iPad? Many thanks, Matt

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

iOS does not support SPP (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647). You can try with the HID profile. ~Pietro

A Amnon Ish-Hurwitz

We are planning to release a new firmware that adds support for HID and SPP (now in beta test). Once this is released, you will be able to use the RS507 with many non-Motorola devices. As far as I know at least one of our beta partners tried it with iPAD and it works. Amnon

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I have tested RS507 with several BT dongles, several stacks and actually both XP and Vista. On 3 different PCs, by the way. SPP works most of the times. HID never did: I always get a Windows error with "Keyboard HID" driver. RS507 is properly detected as a HID kbd but HID driver never gets successfully installed!

P Philippe Soirot

Do we have any news about a possible release date and official support for RS507 firmware for PC connectivity ? thnks

N Noam Grosbard

It was not tested with iPad, however it should work on SPP and HID profiles.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?