TEAM Express / BT Headset Profile

// Expert user has replied.
R Richard Baker 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Is there a way to configure (registry setting) TEAM Express to use a BT Headset on a MC55 since this device does not have a physical headset jack? I have a partner that would like to offer this solution to a customer but testing in my office shows that when a headset is paired the client does not utilize the hands free profile. If not are there plans for a feature that that will enable this functionality? Regards, Rick Baker

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Eric Liner

Rick,  when you say the headset is paired, I'm assuming the client you are talking about is the TEAM Express client.  Hands Free profile talks to the modem -  in this case, the Siemens/Cinterion modem that's used to connect to the GSM network.  There are some headsets, though, that have dedicated PTT buttons on them.  Whether they would work with TEAM Express would need to be explored with CIC.  Normally, dedicated PTT buttons, on nextel phones, for example, would interoperate with the phone's UFMI or Radio Telephone number.  How that translates to TEAM Express is something I have no experience with.   Thanks,  Eric 

A Armando Marquez

As far as I know, there are no bluetooth headsets with a dedicated push to talk button. The PTT keys on the MCxx devices are still to be pressed for TEAM Express calls. Note that we have tried successfully with BT headsets and BT speakerphones. Set up audio BT for usage with TE on MCxx WM6.1 Terminals:

BT headset needs to be paired to terminal as headset (vs handsfree); this means that the handsfree functionality of BT headset will NOT be enabled.  Pressing the call button on BT headset will un-pair the headset with the terminal.

After initial pairing, be sure to press the ‘call’ button on the BT headset; this will then route ALL audio to the headset.   On the home screen you can get a quick update of the pairing status:

Green Two arrow on BT icon means paired.

No Green Two arrow on BT icon means NOT paired.

Pair BT headset with terminal and make sure of the following:

Settings Used:

Bluetooth Explorer -> Settings

Device Info: Connectable mode: connectable Services: Headset Audio Gateway 1 If missing, Add. Discovery: Name Discovery Mode: Automatic Profiles: tick next to Headset Make sure there is no tick next to Handsfree.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Known issue:

On terminals running BSP27, talker’s voice will be routed to headset; ie. you will hear yourself speak.

Workaround:

Upgrade terminals to BSP35.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Determine BSP:

Start -> Settings ->System -> System Info -> read OEM version (ie.01.27.009) => BSP27 L

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?