Generic image with MSP core files

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

team, i am trying to create a generic OS image for a 8846 with all the MSP core files installed (abup30, enable30, getadpaters and remotecontrolandmonitor). i started with the latest DCP, installed the MSP updates and now ready to generate a "gold image" based on my new "application" and "platform" partitions. before i do that, i want to remove any association to my relay server on this device so when we flash devices in the field, they would not try to get to a non-existing RS. is there a file that i can edit to remove any reference to my relay-server (or any other MSP site information)? thanks, Afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

L Larry Dykes

Hi Afshin before you build your image, you can edit \Application\airbeam.reg to "blank" or remove the server specification. This is the server address/name, the user id, password. but if you do, it would not make sense to leave the enable30 settings in place, becuase this would tell the device to check in but it would not have server information. so it depends on what you want the device to do when it is deployed if you want it to check in on a server (just not yours) you can deploy an RS setting to it before building your image from it. If you don't want it to check in at all, you can just NOT install enable30 (or debug30 or an Agent setting) in your pattern image.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?