Rate Limit VSA

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
0 5 0

Hi

Based on WiNG system reference guide, the rate limit feature can work with the external RADIUS, setting Motorola VSA.

How can I do this?

Please let me know the site for the document or HOW-TO.

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Alexandre Silva

Hi Sato-san Slides 7 and 8 of the power point presentation answers/confirms your questions: rate-limit can also be configured per WLAN The commands you mention show that you can configure rate-limit per WLAN.  On the same slide you can see also: Default is no Rate-Limit on the WLAN AND this is ONLY configurable through CLI. You will use the rate-limit per WLAN command if your radius server has not returned the rate limit parameters (or if its not setup to do so) or if you are using some auth-type that does not use Radius.  For your last question, see slide 8:  Precedence: RADIUS overrides PER-WLAN overrides GLOBAL.  Hope this clarifies your questions.

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Alex-san Thank you for your clarification. This is helpful for me to understand and move to the forward. Best Regards Sato

A Alexandre Silva

Hi Sato san I believe what you are looking for is described here:  http://motopedia.mot.com/wiki/RADIUS_Attributes and here: http://motopedia.mot.com/wiki/RADIUS_Dictionaries I believe what you are looking for is:

Connection-Info - 77 - RFC 2869 - The Connection-Info attribute is forwarded in the Access-Request and indicates the data-rate and radio type of the authenticating user. The RF Switch will forward the attribute value using the following formatting: CONNECT XXMbps 802.11X. But the above is for standard authentication attributes that have been implemented on the RF Switch in accordance to RFC 2865. RADIUS server authenticating the MU can be configured to include symbol vendor specific attribute for downlink and uplink directions in the RADIUS packet.  These would be Symbol-Downlink-Limit and Symbol-Uplink-Limit. The WiNG_-_RADIUS_Attributes.pdf explains all VSA options in detail. Hope this helps. Regards Alex

A Alexandre Silva

Hi Sato This presentations might help you understand the feature better. Rate Limit was introduced in WING 4.0. And for Adaptive APs, if you will be using them, in WING 4.1.

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Alex-san

Thank your for your information, especially for the power point slides.

This was helpful for me to understand overall quickly.

Please let me clarify one thing.

Can we set the rate limit per WLAN?

My understanding is we can set the rate limit as the global parameter through GUI.

On the other hand, we seem to have the command below.

RFS7000(config-wireless)#wlan 1 qos rate-limit wired-to-wireless

RFS7000(config-wireless)#wlan 1 qos rate-limit wireless-to-wired

So we can set the rate limit per each WLAN though CLI, not GUI.

(I could not set this per WLAN though GUI)

If yes, the specific WLAN rate limit should override the global setting, same as the group specific rate limit.

Is this correct?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?