MT2000 Activesync popup message

// Expert user has replied.
M Milan Riha 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

CUSTOMER BOUGHT  MT2070-SL0D62370WR + STB2000-C10007R, THE CRADLE CONNECTS TO THE PC BY A USB CABLE. CUSTOMER DIDNT ADD ANY SOFTWARE TO THE DEVICE. IT IS AS THEY RECEIVED IT OUT OF THE BOX. THEY  KNOW THAT THIS CRADLE IS DESIGNED TO ACTIVESYNC AS ITS JUST A CHARGE ONLY CRADLE. BUT THEY DON'T/CAN'T HAVE THE ACTIVESYNC POPUP MESSAGE APPEARING, THEY ARE SAYING THIS ISSUE ONLY HAPPENS WITH THE MOTOROLA PRODUCT AS WHEN THEY CONNECT A PHONE OR OTHER NON MOTOROLA DEVICE THE ACTIVESYNC OPTION TO NOT SHOW WORKS FINE. THE ACTIVESYNC SOFTWARE HAS AN OPTION TO DISABLE THIS FROM HAPPENING - ACTIVESYNC / FILE / CONNECTION SETTINGS / OPEN ACTIVESYNC WHEN MY DEVICE CONNECTS THIS IS A TICK BOX THAT, WHEN UNCHECKED, SHOULD DISABLE THE APPLICATION FROM OPENING.THIS TICKBOX FUNCTIONALITY WORKS FOR MY MOBILE PHONE BUT NOT FOR THE SCANNER/CRADLE (MT2000). I have tested on HTC and MC terminals and I got the same result, I see always popup activesync message. I tried to follow the following forum http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/22170/view.aspx  and forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsmobileactivesync/t… but nothing helped me to solve customer issue (I know thats more related to Microsoft) Do you have any advice or sugestion please?  Thanks Milan  

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

C Corinne Nogueras

Milan, I have all the selections except 'show status icon on the taskbar' not selected.  I am able to place my MT in the STB2000 and it is never seen.  I disable active sync.  I don't know if this will be sufficient for you.

M Milan Riha

Thanks for your responses. I found that on other MC terminals the option OPEN ACTIVESYNC WHEN MY DEVICE CONNECTS is working when the partnership is done between activesync and terminal. MT2000 works only in guest mode so this option (OPEN ACTIVESYNC WHEN MY DEVICE CONNECTS) will never work. The MT does not have that option enabled by design and maybe will be turned on in the future release. I will contact the customer with this response. Milan

M Milan Riha

Could I have some feedback on this? Many Thanks Milan

L Li Chen

I verified that ActiveSync still pops up even though the option in settings is checked off. I don't have an answer for that. If anyone has any idea please feel free to chime in. Is minimization of the ActiveSync a acceptible workaround? I noticed when it is minimized, the connection of the device will not pop up the window again.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?