MC3190 CE6.0 IE Password issues

P Petr Selinger 3 years 5 months ago
8 7 0

1.  7/23/2010 2:40 PM 2.  3 Day 3.  MC3190 4.  CE 6.0 BSP17 5.  2181094 They are unable to validate a password using CE6 IE. During an authentication process on a webserver, always resulting in a 401 error (password mismatch). When doing the same test on CE5 device, it works fine. I did the test on MC3190 CE6 BSP17 and MC3090 CE5 BSP35 and was able to reproduce the issue. I also captured network traces (attached). In traces I see that working device in packet 18 is sending: Credentials: Cisco:Cisco Where on non working device in packet 79 is: Credentials: Cisco:\001 This seems to happen with all Apache Servers using HT Security (as the one in Cisco switch). More info if needed is in issue_desc.txt text file. Is this something that needs to be fixed (SPR) or is there any way to force IE on CE6 to behave as IE on CE5? Thanks, Petr

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

P Petr Selinger

Hi Evgene, they tried also with PB but as PB is based on IE (it is using the same rendering engine) it will not solve the issue. I think a new SPR for this issue is needed to resolve it.

P Petr Selinger

I have opened SPR # 19094 for this issue.

P Petr Selinger

On MC3190 they are using standard IE (not Pocket Browser). I was not aware that Pocket Browser is the default browser on MC3190 CE6. At least I don't see it installed on my device.

E Evgene Vigoutov

possible, I was wrong about default browser. ca they check PB? Possible, it will solve the issue? 

E Evgene Vigoutov

did you try any other sites that requiests authentication? Seems to be CE6 browser problem...

P Petr Selinger

Hi Eugene, it seems the problem is with all Apache Servers using HT Security. With other sites using different web server seems to work fine. For me it also looks like IE CE6 issue. Do you recommend to open SPR? Thanks, Petr

E Evgene Vigoutov

Hi Petr, MC3090 using MS explorer, when MC3190 has Motorola Pocket Browser as default one. Are you (they) using Motorola Pocket Borwser? If yes, could you, please, install it on MC3090 and recheck if the issue happens there? You can download it from Support Central.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?