MS440x and conveyor application

// Expert user has replied.
J Jun-Hua Liu 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Is there any formula to calculate whether MS440x can read a barcode on a moving box on a conveyor? There is a formula for those mini scanners with laser engines, but I cannot find one for the 2D ones. Maybe 2D MiniScan is not suitable for conveyor application? What about the coming MS4500? I doubt MS440x cannot meet my customer's requirement. Thank you! Junhua

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jaime Weidler

Junhua, The MS4400 does not have much motion tolerance at all, therefore, no formula (like the laser-based mini-scans) for calculating motion tolerance.  Furthermore, the MS4400 is not a conveyor line mini-scan,unless the item to be scanned will be stopped at the scanning point.  Some manufacturing lines actually do this today. The MS4500 is scheduled for a July 2011 release.  Therefore, it is very far off and can not be used to satisfy an immediate opportunity.  Sorry. Jaime Weidler ADC Product Manager

J Jaime Weidler

Junhua, The MS4400 does not have much motion tolerance at all, therefore, no formula (like the laser-based mini-scans) for calculating motion tolerance.  Furthermore, the MS4400 is not a conveyor line mini-scan,unless the item to be scanned will be stopped at the scanning point.  Some manufacturing lines actually do this today. The MS4500 is scheduled for a July 2011 release.  Therefore, it is very far off and can not be used to satisfy an immediate opportunity.  Sorry. Jaime Weidler ADC Product Manager

J Jaime Weidler

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?