MSP Security - User Access, multiple sites

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Hello, When setting up a new user in MSP, I would like to assign multiple sites to a user under their user access permissions. I cannot seem to work out the syntax to enter multiple sites. So if I have 5 sites total, but only want to give my user access to two...how is this entered? If I place a SPACE between the names of sites, then none of the sites are displayed (it appears MSP treats this as one site...xxxx xxxx) If i try and use "" or ; or , between names, MSP throws back "Site has invalid characters".....is entering multiple sites possible, if so, please advise the syntax to enter these. Thanks Glenn

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

You cannot enter multiple values for an Access Prefix.  What is intended to be entered is NOT the names of the Objects the user can access but a Prefix identifying the set of names he can access for that type of Object.  So, when defining your Site naming scheme, you need to think through what sort of hierarchy you will have and how you may want to use it to control access. For example,if you have a geographical hierarchy, you might the following Sites:  us.west.ca.1, us.west.az.2, us.east.ny.3, us.east.fl.4, us.east.pa.5.  In such a case, you could use a Site Prefix of "us.west." to give a User access to all the Sites in the Western Region.  This would be all Sites whose names begin with that Prefix.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?