How to detest USD connection/disconnection events

// Expert user has replied.
P Petr Selinger 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

1. 7/29/2010 11:40 AM 2. 2 Day 3. MC75 4. BSP27 5. 2184782 I have received following question from our TA. Could you please have a look on it and let me know your feedback? Thanks! Hello Support Team, one of our customer is reporting a high number of USB connection events (sometimes 50 to 300 a day at one device). The customer's application is using a Reg key to report USB connection events to the device. The application is using this event to monitor the connection establishment to the car cradle and respectively when the device is removed from the cradle. In the reported failure scenario they are seeing this huge amount of events even if the device is not removed out of the cradle. We are aware that this issue can be caused by multiple issues out side of our devices control, but want to ensure that we have no known issues applying a control application like the application partner has implemented. The customer operates the device in car cradles from PDS with a USB host connection. Multiple USB devices are connected (printer, measurement controller, Relay contact, etc.) The customer is using the MC75 with the following software and firmware versions. The issue can only be seen on a number of devices. Until now no similarities could be found on setups with the same failure. What method can you recommend to monitor the reason for the USB connect / disconnect event? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

T Tom Lewis

The usb connect/disconnect could be coming from a couple of places.  The cradle may be sending them periodically.  I know for example that the mc70 4 slot ethernet cradle will periosically send them. This caused mc70s to not automatically suspend when in these cradles, and also to wake up when manually suspended, until the usb connect/disconnect was disabled as a wakeup source.  Also, since this may be in a vehicle, hitting a potho;e or going sharply around a corner may also cause it. Programmatically, I would put in some debounce logic to prevent false triggers.  They could also check the ACLineStatus from the system power info to see it it was removed from the cradle or put into the cradle.

P Petr Selinger

Thanks Tom!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?