Locked out of AppCenter

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
0 5 0

All, One of my customers has some how managed to do the following;
"One of my team has inadvertently changed a setting in the admin mode of AppCenter which prevents the AppCenter Admin login option appearing in its menu.

Which basically means the device is stuck in user mode as we’ve disabled ActiveSync as well…" Does anyone know how they can force the login option to reappear or alternatively break out into the OS / rebuilt the unit (its an MC5574), cos at the moment its just a brick! Ta IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

L Larry Dykes

You don't say if you are using the MSP Add-On version of AppCenter, so you probably are not. If you ARE using the MSP Add-On and "lock yourself out", you can remedy the situation very easily from MSP by sending a new setting to enable admin mode, change the password or just "clear all" settings and install new ones. No need to handle the device and the changeover will not expose the device to tampering.

D David Dederick

If the customer needs a less destructive method then they could place just the clean boot files on the root of the SD card and then create a 2577 folder that launches a SymScript script that deletes or renames the AppCenter.run, AppCenter.lnk and AppCenter.cfg.

H Horst Anderlohr

Just install a new OS via SD Card and use Coldboot + Trigger to force the installation process.

E Efkan YILMAZ

You could reinstall the OS using a SD card. Copy all the files to the root of the SD card and press simultaneously the buttons 1,9, right trigger and then the power button.

I Ian Jobson

Thanks Guys, I suspected that a full rebuild was going to be the only way. Not sure how they managed to get it into that state in the first place ... hopefully that's a mistake they only make once! IJ

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?