WM6.5.3 menu and soft key changes

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Team, we have a customer whom is currently considering the MC65 (running WM6.5.3). He is happy with the device but not with the new UI. He prefers the WM6.5.2 OS which has the start and OK/X button at the top of the screen and a more compacted menu display. (ie non-finger friendly display). As his app is an off-the-shelf product he cannot control how the menu is displayed. His app menu has many menu items and when listed in the more spaced-out, finger friendly format of WM6.5.3, a scoll bar appears on the side to access all the menu items. This is unacceptable to him. Basically, my question is; Is there a reg key available that will revert the WM6.5.3 OS to the format of the WM6.5.2 OS's GUI? regards, Daniel Park

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

H Hunter Bradshaw

Just to clarify. I am aware of the reg key to turn off the scroll bars (as attached), but the customer wants all menu items displayed without the need to finger-flick through the menu. Cheers

A Amoolya Srivalson

I dont think there is a registry key to revert the gui to 6.5.2 os's gui.However the following registry key path will help to reduce the font size of the menu and also the spacing between menus which could help to display all menu items without scrolling.
Menu spacing  : [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Menu]

Menu Font Size : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt]

H Hunter Bradshaw

Thanks Amoolya. The reg keys you provided worked very well.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?