Battery swap behavior on MC75A and MC65

// Expert user has replied.
K Kjell Lloyd 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Hi

Working on answering a RFP.

Could someone do some quick test of MC75A and or either MC65, how does the terminal do after a battery replacement?

Does the terminal only do a suspend when swapping battery or does it do a full reboot (hello MC55)?

regards
Kjell

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Arsen Bandurian

Kjell, Both units were designed with backup battery
MC65

Battery:

§ 3600 mAh Li-Ion standard

§ Backup battery for main battery hot-swap
MC75A (Datasheet): Backup Battery: Ni-MH battery (rechargeable) 15mAh 2.4V (not user-accessible)

K Kjell Lloyd

Arsen, thanks for the quick reply.

I'm aware of the backup batteries of  both but is the info good enough to make the conclusion that the device doesn't do any reboot?

I don't want to make wrong statement in the RFP (need be sure).

A Arsen Bandurian

All units might reboot under some circumstances. Even MC95. You have to follow a procedure to be 100% sure that it won't reboot: push power button, wait until device screen goes blank AND the power LED goes down - then open/change battery. MC7x has a mechanical switch that turns the device off right after you remove the battery door. If you somehow manage to remove battery BEFORE the shutdown procedure completes - col boot. If the switch is stuck (which is on one, just one, of my MC7x) - cold boot, if your app at this very moment does something stupid - cold boot. The same applies for MC65, but it does not have a door, AFAIK. So, YES, the are reboot-proof if you follow a simple procedure, and YES one can manage to cold-boot them. It's like always elsewhere, exceptions happen :)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?