WM6.5.3 on MC65: Full Screen without OK button

// Expert user has replied.
H Hunter Bradshaw 3 years 5 months ago
0 6 0

My customer is testing an MC65 running WM6.5.3 and has an issue in that some of the screens in his off-the-shelf app appear in full screen (thus covering the bottom menu bar) Previous to WM6.5.3 an "OK" was automatically put in the top menu bar for these full screen dialog boxes to be exited out of, but in WM6.5.3 there  is no "OK" present. On the ES400 hitting the OK button on the physical keypad can return the app to the previous screen but the MC65's OK button on the keypad doesn't seem to be behaving in the same manner. Can we program the OK button on the keypad of the MC65 to have the function of going back one screen in the app? (or is there another workaround for going back from a page with full screen?) Note: as this is an off-the-shelf app, reprogramming the app is not an option. regards, Daniel

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

H Hunter Bradshaw

Thanks Joel, That was the problem was. I was trying to talk to someone with an MC65 over the phone, but the device I was testiong with on my side was the ES400. regards, Daniel

j joseph boriotti

OK = The one screen back key.

H Hunter Bradshaw

Thanks Joe, The OK button works on the ES400 but not on the MC65. This is really the main issue I have. Is the OK button on the MC65 just not functioning correctly on the current the firmware version I am using? (I am running BSP18.0 on the MC65) regards, Daniel

J Joel Brand

Hi Daniel, On the ES400 the OK key is a 'primary' key, meaning you just press the OK key to get the OK function.  On the MC65 the OK key is a secondary key, in this case meaning you first need to press the BLUE key and then the OK key in order to get the OK function.  Can you confirm that works or does not work as expected on the MC65 please? Thanks. - Joel

A Amoolya Srivalson

As per the following microsoft design guidelines for including soft key controls in an application for wm6.5.3,the soft key bar should contain a maximum of 2 entries or soft key buttons in order for the Ok button to be displayed.(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb158552.aspx).

If there are more than two buttons, Ok will not come automatically and should be included in the program.Hence the customer could try the below options. 1.Avoid using more than two menu items. 2.Or else add your own OK/Close button to your menu.

For off shelf apps, reprogramming the OK button on keypad to the same function as on  Ellis should be possible by editing the corresponding  translation code for OK button in Kbtools for MC65 and then building the modified  kbtools using VS to generate new keyboard mapping binary files.Finally copy the new files generated on building to Platform/Keyboard and coldboot.

H Hunter Bradshaw

Thanks Amoolya, I don't believe KBtools is being released for the ES400 or the MC65. They do have an onboard key remap app, but I couldn't seem to find an option that would be equivilant to "stepping back one screen". regards, Daniel

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?