MSP Package Upload issue

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Hello, Have a customer that is running MSP 3.3 on Windows 2003 server R2, using IIS6.0 as the FTP relay server. I have created an MC9090 OS update airbeam package and trying to load this into MSP. My test system is also MSP 3.3, W2K3ServerR2, IIS6.0 but using Filezilla FTP for the relay server. I can upload the OS update file (approx 40MB) without issue, when I try and load the package into the customers system, I get "Error, File cannot be loaded" with an EXIT button on the screen. I have been doing some research, it appears that ASP has some file limits imposed for file uploads, so tried changing the Metabase.xml file to increase these values, still no luck (even though my demo system is using same default values without issue). I also manually connected to customers FTP relay server and uploaded the file without issue, so I am pretty confident there is no issue with the FTP server. So there appears to perhaps be some file size restriction for package upload in the MSP install we have performed, but have no idea where a restriction should exist, I can upload smaller packages, such as Wavelink Telnet, AppCenter, Datawedge etc without issue, so all appears good, just the file size in this case. Any ideas where I may be able to adjust a setting in an MSP config file to allow bigger sized files to be loaded. Thanks Glenn

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Andrew Knight

Glenn,
First of all I would always recommend uploading package files to MSP via the \Motorola MSP\PackagesToInstall\ folder. Simply copy the .apf file into this folder and MSP will automatically upload the file for you. This is the best way to import packages, especially those of larger file sizes.

How much memory and free hard drive space do you have on your system?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?