Kill process's in Airbeam Packages

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
27 3 0

Hello, We need to perform an application update to a number of devices and plan to use provisioning in MSP to do so. First we need to ensure that the application is not running on the device, else the update will fail. Is there a way to kill a running process on a device, MC9090 WM5, from some sort of command line or running a utility program already on the MC9090 to kill the application before or during the software load to the device. I have seen ability to kill a process via remote control, but no way of automating as part of a bundle or package download to a device. Thanks Glenn Sheppard

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Glenn;

We don't provide any way to do that IN a Package.  If you need/want to do it IN a Package, you would need to rely on some facility of the application itself.  If the application has some command line option to terminate it (many do, but many don't), then you can use that. Otherwise, since you are using MSP, you can use ProcessManager.  You will need to make sure that ProcessManager.APF has been deployed to the device.  Then send a Control.ProcessManager Settings Object to kill that Process (you will need to know the .EXE name of the process you want to kill or the Window Title of the Window you want to close).  You can include all that stuff in a Bundle just before the Uninstall command for the Package you want to remove OR before the new version of the Package that you want to replace).  That will ensure that the process is stopped before the Package uninstall tries to remove it.

P Paxton Leiny

No, we don't offer a way to do this IN a package. You would have to use the application's own functionality if you wanted to do this IN a package. You can use the command-line option if it is available. Many applications have this feature, but others don't. If you're using MSP then you can use ProcessManager. Make sure ProcessManager.APF is installed on the device.  wordle today

T Tuan Cho

I agree with your answer, it makes a wordle lot of sense and is exactly what I was trying to say.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?