MC75 - How To Disable DST

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 5 months ago
0 9 0

1.  9/13/2010 4:00 PM 2.  3 Day 3.  MC75 4.  BSP 35 5.  2217898 I have a customer who wants to disable the DST on the MC75. I had them use the following key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock] "HomeDST"=dword:00000000 But this does not appear to disable DST. I dont have any patches installed. Is this a known issue?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

9 Replies

D David Meyer

My answer is not definitive, just that it seems this function does not exist (its also not in the GUI).

K Kenneth Ryan

Dave, I will open an SPR 19311.  My customer is not the only one asking this, FedEx is as well.

G George Dellaratta

'What's the purpose of opening an SPR now? Let's find out if Microsoft has done this on purpose first.

K Kenneth Ryan

Put registry key into \Application.

Clean Boot and Blank unit.

Ensure registry key exists.

Cold Boot Unit.

DST still occurs.

D David Meyer

Ken, The documentation says this key is for Win CE 5/6, so it sounds like WM does not support the key for some reason. -Dave

K Kenneth Ryan

Dave, Is this the final answer?  Its not supported?  I just have to be 100% sure before I give this answer.  Dont want to get egg on my face.

K Kenneth Ryan

First I have a non WLAN unit with no SIM in. Clean Boot and Blank unit. Ensure key does not exist, and verify that DST happens. Merge key and cold boot...still happens.

G George Dellaratta

I believe you need to do another Clean boot - cold boot won't be enough.

G George Dellaratta

Did you warm boot, cold boot or clean boot after setting the key?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?