Bluecat DHCP server

A Aik Tee Lim 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Hi, Anyone familiar with Bluecat Adonis 1000 DNS/DHCP applicance ? I have a partner trying to integrate RFS6K with this applicance, but he is facing problem getting IP address from this DHCP server. Is there any particular setting we need to look out for in the RFS6k or the Bluecat server.? FYI, the Bluecat was supplied by another vendor who resell Cisco to this customer, and they are competing with my partner in the deal, we suspect they may play some trick in the bluecat server. Thanks AT

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

I would suggest putting a sniffer on the wire at connected to the RFS uplink. My suspicion is that the RFS is tagging frames but the DHCP server is not. It is also useful to know if the RFS is performing routing. If it is it is likely that you need to configure a DHCP helper inside the router. In any case, this is probably not a product problem on either side...most likely it is a network confic issue....but a sniffer trace will tell the you if the RFS is recieving the addresses and show when the request is sent. As far as assigning IP addresses to the AP's you can use the same method on an uplink to the AP

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?