Invoking Data Wedge - start up and apps

// Expert user has replied.
E Eugene W Fratello 3 years 5 months ago
8 3 0

Is it possible to put Data Wedge on the Home Dock? What I'm trying to do is either have Data Wedge start up every time on power up or have Data Wedge invoked when I open an Excel spreadsheet or Word doc. It seems I have to start Data Wedge every time I power up and it's just too many clicks to start it. I checked the manual but could not get much insight. Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

You can achieve this by setting the [HKLM]\Software\Motorola\DWStartup\DontLoadOnStartup registry key to 0. I have attached the reg file. Please note that if DataWedge was running when the device get switched off it will running at the startup. This feature was introduced in the version 3.3.19.

T THARINDU WELIGODAPOLA

Attached the reg file

C Christopher Sather

There are many ways to start Datawedge, none of them right or wrong.  For your case, either take a copy of Datawedge.exe from the device in either folder \Windows\Start Menu\Programs or \Program Files\DataWedge and place a copy in \Windows\StartUp. Or you can active sync to the device, browse to either folder \Windows\Start Menu\Programs or \Program Files\DataWedge and right click the Datawedge.exe program from your desktop connection and create a shortcut.  Then copy that shortcut to \Windows\StartUp. After you copy the program or shortcut to the \Windows\StartUp folder, the program will start on each warm boot. If you need to configure Datawedge to add an enter key after you scan, you can use the desktop config tool that installs with the download.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?