DS6878 HC

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

WE have a customer testing the DS6878-TCBU0100ZWR using the USB for power. Now they want to test on a station that only has a RS232 connection. I can find the DS in SB but there are no cable listings. I'm sure the SKU has changed. I need to know what RS232 cable we would need. Would we need it to provide power also?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gary Miller

Ron, You could use CBA-R01-S07PAR and the power supply for the DS6878 base (50-14000-253R). Or the help desk is always a great option for information G

E Efkan YILMAZ

I understand what cable ends are needed but if there is no external power supply, is there a RS232 9-pin solution that will also provide power to the cradle and be able to charge the scanner. I know this might depend on the station that the cable is being connected to. Trying to see if there is a standard RS232 cable configuration that provides power and that is compatible with the DS6878. Trying to get a head start and waiting for the customer to tell me exactly what kind of station the cradle will be plugged into. This will probably determine if they need an external power supply.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?