Disable NITZ

// Expert user has replied.
A Andrew Wood 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

I have a customer running WM6-1 on a MC7596 that would like to disable NITZ but even though they have set the following reg key (and warm booted) it still picks up time from the local GSM provider.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symbol\RIL\RHA\HC25]

“SyncSystemTime”=dword:00000001

These devices have been deployed to Uganda so it makes fault finding a little more complex but if anyone knows if im missing another reg key or something then please let me know.

Thanks

Andy

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

B Brian Safran

SPR 16795 is for disabling pulling TImezone only from Nitz. There sometimes is an issue when Timezone is pulled and DST. The correct GMT time offset is received from carrier, but wrong city/timezone can be picked (There can be multiple cities per timezone). Issue occurs when Day Light Savings time hits and a city/timezone not in the US was chosen and this causes issues with DST.

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

1 enables NITZ, 0 disables it. I guess you'd rather set SyncSystemTime to 0.

H Hemamalini Subramanian

SyncSystemTime: The registry determines whether to sync the system time with NITZ or not. Default Setting is 1, to enable the system to sync with NITZ. (This registry is found under the corresponding Radio Registry key. Ex: HC25 radio hey for MC7596 devices, MC75 radio key for MC709X devices) To disable NITZ, simply setting SyncSystemTime to 0 is enough. The SPR 16795 fixes the wrong time zone being displayed when System time is synced with NITZ.

J Jamie Glover

Hi Andy, I recently noticed the patch for "NITZ DST TIME ZONE ISSUE - SPR 16795", the release information point 3 says that it "Added support for disabling DisableTZI registry". Maybe that will help you? This link is here: http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… Cheers, Jamie

M Marcus Kurath

From an old John Siemer Presentation here are some additional registry values

Registry key to control NITZ sync.

;1: enable

;0: disable

;GSM Edge

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symbol \RIL\RHA\MC75]

"SyncSystemTime"=dword:1

;GSM HSDPA

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symbol \RIL\RHA\HC25]

;CDMA EvDO

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symbol \RIL\RHA\MC5725]

E Efkan YILMAZ

You coud try: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symbol\RIL\RHA\MC75]  “SyncSystemTime”=dword:00000000 Reboot is required.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?