MC55 WM 6.5 CORRUPTED FILES

// Expert user has replied.
M Milan Riha 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Case - 2341487 Response - 2 days MC55 upgraded from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5
Customer is experiencing corruption of the Program Files and Application folders.  Terminals were originally running Windows mobile 6.1, and were upgraded to Windows mobile 6.5. After which our applications were installed, along with a number of patches - list of patches and procedure attached (they dont use MSP, instalation is done manually).

The devices were tested to verify they were working with a SIM card, and were then powered down by holding down power button. The battery was then removed.

These devices were sent out to the field without a SIM and without a battery inserted. When they arrived at the depot a trainer inserted a SIM card then inserted the battery.

When the device booted instead of booting into AppCenter the user got an error regarding a SetBthPower program, and were then presented with the Windows home screen.

Customer has approximately 100. They see already corruption on 10 terminals. Batteries Rev B TT15GT 702A609BBB - A2377. Devices were without battery approximately 5 days. I am trying to reproduce the issue here in lab following customer procedure. What logging tools do you recommend to load on customer terminals? Tools from SPR#18183? Thanks Milan

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

M Milan Riha

Dave, I am checking with customer. If the customer power down the device correctly then I would be interested in whal logging tools we need to install. Let you know. Ken, what is the case number? Is correct 2306092? Thanks Milan

K Kenneth Ryan

Milan, Correct, you can read my case notes for the current status.

D David Meyer

Holding down the power button on MC55 causes a warm boot, not power down.  Did they start warm booting, and then pull the battery out while a warm boot was occuring?  This would be bad, and could be causing corruption.

K Kenneth Ryan

I have an exact same issue with a customer who applied SPR 18183 fix on MC55 on 50 devices and even when suspending properly still has the issue. I was working with Tom Lewis on this.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?