MC55A0 - Disable Key Icons

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 5 months ago
0 7 0

1.  3/31/2011 12:12 PM 2.  3 Day 3.  MC55A0 4.  2350799 How to disable the Key Icons on the SIP Icon?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

L Luba Nirman

Hi, I have checked this issue and in order to disable changing the states of the key icons, you should add the same reg key,like you use for MC70/MC9090. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\KEYBD]  "ShowKeyIcon"=dword:0

K Kenneth Ryan

For MC70/MC9090 we had the following reg key which disabled changing the states of the key icons: ; Do not show Key state icon [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\KEYBD]  "ShowKeyIcon"=dword:0 I was looking for something similar for MC55A0.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Thanks for the clarifications, We will look for it, and update you.

J Jarod Fox

You should be able to just remove the KeyIcons shortcut from the \Windows\StartUp folder.  This will prevent the Motorola SIP (which sets the icons) form being utilized

K Kenneth Ryan

Here is an example. Notice in Pic1 that the standard SIP icon is shown. Notice in Pic2 that the keyboard icon changes. I want to disable this.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Ken, I look on the attached Pics, Still can't understand if you like to get rid of the SIP icon for good, Or you like to keep the icon on a static mode, like it appears in Pic1 ? As far as I know this change is not so trivial, and will required new keyboard driver, which will need a new SPR/CPR/GRIP , don't know for sure what exactly.

N Noam Grosbard

Hello Kenneth, Could you please explainwhat you mean by "Key Icons on the SIP Icon".Attach some printscreen, if you can ,it will help me.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?