Trixbox with WSM

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 6 0

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has any experience using trixbox as a PBX for the WSM? I'm running into a problem where the EWPs are able to call out to non-EWP SIP clients, but not able to receive calls. So far, I've been using the 1.72 Lab Guide v2.1 to set things up...  Only change I did make was to set the PBX Type in the WSM to Nortel-CS1000 (setting it to Avaya-SES per the lab guide didn't allow any calls to/from EWPs at all). Some other notes:  - WSM is running Rev.E  - EWPs are running Rev.E  - trixbox ce is latest downloaded at v2.8.0.4   - calls between standard SIP clients work fine in both directions (e.g. PC, Droid, etc.)  - calls from EWP to any std SIP client work fine  - but calls to an EWP (from either std SIP or another EWP) fail (EWP gives fast busy signal, "Call Failed" error message)  - EWPs show Full Service  - trixbox does show SIP Peer entries for the EWPs, using port 5061.  Their status shows "Unmonitored" (vs. std SIP clients show "OK")  - no other dialplans or other configurations in trixbox Any tips and/or suggestions of things to check out or try appreciated!  I'm just sorting through both the WSM and trixbox now trying to learn which debug log options might be helpful... Thanks, Mike

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

In case anyone else is trying this, maybe this'll save you some time…

We did end up getting Trixbox working with the WSM (so far, for basic calls to/from EWPs…)

The piece that needed to change was the dial string for the EWPs.  While the default is something like “SIP/502”, it needs to be something like “SIP/502@10.20.0.54” instead (where the IP is WSM).  (Thanks to Bob P's install docs for the tip)

This looks to be a good demo with the SIPdroid client, too!

E Efkan YILMAZ

Ok - I guess I was assuming some level of Trixbox support was implied by virtue of the instructions being included in our own lab manual?  The manual does mention for lab testing only... which is what I'm trying to do in this case... So, if Trixbox is not supported, is there another Asterisk-based PBX that we do support (for lab use or otherwise)? I notice that Rev.E also lists Asterisk as one of the available SIP trunk types.  Would we support a trunk-style configuration instead? Since this is a lab setup, I really don't have a preference what PBX or interface type I use to connect with the WSM (as long as it's free, of course ;).  My goal here is just to have something that will show customers how we can call to/from the EWPs from other devices (even if just using other SIP devices at this point).

J Joseph Preissing

Yes that is correct. Astrix is but not trixbox, unless it is runnning that version.

C Charles Brugger

I have had the same issue with this setup. You probably need to contact Bob Pizani in the CEC group, who is familiar with TRIX.

J Joseph Preissing

Trixbox is not a supported platoform.  reccomend not pursuing.  THere are no plans to test or validate Trixbox by the BU. 

C Charles Brugger

Actually Asterisk 1.4.33 is supported with Rev E. See the newest PBX support matrix. Attached.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?