ES400 plastics

// Expert user has replied.
N Nikolaos Mastorakos 3 years 5 months ago
0 6 0

I am having a strange issue with the plastics of the ES400 and would like to check if anyone has seen it as well. My unit is the one from the user trial (MV, 1x battery) and in the last couple of months I am seeing the following: -Small bubbles underneath the plastics in the sides and bottom of the unit as well as in the rubber surrounding the display and keypad (as if air is trapped within) -Details of the inside of the back cover are visible in the rubber on the outside, especially in the side where the stylus is placed. -The plastic covers around the camera button and the programmable button are detached from one side (towards the back of the unit) leaving the buttons uncovered. My use of these buttons is minimal if any to justify such effect. I have not seen this issue in any of the units sold so far but I would like to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

Yes, I did not notice from the picture that this is the door only and not the body of the device.
Pictures attached,

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

Yes, we are waiting for some samples from customer in Colombia who report the same problem. Production devices. 

T Thomas Cassar

Customer in Latin America is seeing an issue with the overmold specifically on the 2x battery door, not on the terminal.  Support/ECRT is still awaiting samples in order to investigate. Regarding pre-RevA units, there are known issues with the overmold on the unit which was corrected just prior to RevA.

S Stephen Vye

I have the same problems with my ES400 from the User trial, and again, I have not seen these issues on the Production units yet so I am hoping we have improved the quality on the rubber overmoulds. Like you, the PTT and Camera buttons are split. Mine split where the battery cover contacts the edges.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I had the same issues for one LATAM customer, when i saw the unit´s pictures, at the beginning i thought the unit was heat-damaged but now seeing this cases, maybe ,its some from factory.

G Glenn Sayer

I have the same issues with my user trial device

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?