Key re-map on MC9190

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
25 2 0

i have a customer who has been using a custom keypad on their 9090s and had used the keybaord tool to remap the scan codes.  Now they want to move to MC9190 but the old .RMT and .SCT files for re-map the keyboard do NOT work on the MC9190. has anyone tried key re-mapping on a 9190? is there a newer keyboard tool for the 9190? thanks, afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Afshin,  Check the names of the SCT and RMT files which they are using - the names were changed for some reason between WM6,1 and WM6.5 e.g  WM6.1:   QWS.SCT , QWR.RMT WM6.5    QWERTYS.SCT , QWERTYR.RMT  If you rename the oriiginal files then they may work on the MC9190 although it is probably a good idea to rebuild the files using the 9190 KBtools (which should be available via Tech Support). Best Regards, Ian Hatton

A Afshin Mansoorieh

Ian, thank you for pointing out yet another potential pitfall for anyone doing the samething on a WM6.5.   In my particular case the customer is using WinCE6.0 and of course I was not aware of a name change but a recompile using the 9190 KBtool (which is only available via the support desk) fixed the issue. thanks, afshin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?