MC75A6 - Osupdate Fails With Uldrsettings.cfg

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

1) Time/Date 05/03/2001 3:44PM

2) Response time

3) Product MC75A6

4) OS Version 2.37 WM65

5) Clarify Case # 2371580 This issue originally detected in Airbeam Osupdate but was duplicated in standard Osupdate from web. PEPSI  customer is building local mode airbeam Osupdate package for their MC75A6. They have this solution working on a MC70 but now porting to MC75A6. Issue is the Osupdate launches but does not update the OS, just returns to Today screen without error. I have narrowed issue to the uldrsettings.cfg file that they are including.. Again this file worked for them on the MC70 but seems to be causing this issue on MC75A6 So I added this uldrsettings.cfg file to standard Osupdate package on the web. launching from SD card. The process launches but does not update the OS, just reboots back to the Today screen. Question is, is the ULDRSettings.cfg file still supported in WM65? In there are 2 settings .. [ULDR] RamDisk_RetainDataThroughWarmBoot = 1 RamDisk_Size = 23068672 I altered the file to have either one setting or the other .. Osupdate fails with either one or the other..... Not sure what the ram disk size would be for a device with 256MB, but do not think this is the issue. MC75A6-P4CSWRRA9WR - TERM:WLP,BB,CAM,256/1GB,NUM,WM6.5,1.5X Please advise.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

G Glenn Sobel

Is there any information on whether the uldrsettings.cfg will work with Osupdate package wm6.5 (with or without setting ramDisk_Size parameter)?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?