AAP AP7131 external syslog

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

We have a customer using the RFS6000 and AP7131s in AAP mode. They configure the external syslogging on the 7131s with the box checked and about two minutes later when they go back into the syslog parameter the box is unchecked but the external syslog server IP is still there but grayed out. They also have the RFS configured to log to the external syslog server. Is this a common function of the RFS becasue the APs are in adaptive mode and the RFS would control this or is this a bug?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I ignore for AAP7131, but I have (Spanish Post) quite a few AAP5131 with RFS7000 (wing 4.0) and they both send their own little things to Correos' syslog server.

J Jack Burleson

Hi Ron, There are Syslog commands in the RFS6000 AAP config section on WiNG 4.3.x (maybe earlier) that enables / disables syslog operations on the AAP7131.  I suspect these values are overriding / replacing the values you are manually putting in the AP7131's.  Below from Page 20-8 of the WiNG CLI Reference Guilde
Syntax
aap

[aap-version|auto-upgrade|config-apply|fwupdate|include-config]

include-config [snmp|syslog]
Includes configuration
• snmp – Moves switch's snmp information (community strings and trap receivers) to all the aap's adopted
• syslog – Moves syslog’s configuration information (syslog server ip address, enable/disable syslog, logging level) to all the aap’s adopted

F Frank Barta

Yes, this is a value that is controlled by the RFS controller. You can configure the AP to syslog from the RFS controller GUI, under Network->Access Port. If you go to the configuration tab, you can then select your AP, and press the syslog config button at the bottom of the page.From here, you can configure the syslog options for your selected AP.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?