Keeping Up with System Descriptions

C Charles Bland 3 years 5 months ago
4 12 0

Gang, Wiht our new "Coud-speak", I get to write a system desc for a Cloud Core proposal. Anyone have a good template? Chuck Bland

Please Register or Login to post a reply

12 Replies

R Rohinton Bellihomji

gents all if not most of the answers for hosted core are in the document that I sent out last week thanks Ronnie

A Aaron Claessens

Depends on size ... 1) Small - a "few" (not sure the number) eNBs will be a fully hosted situation 2) Medium and up ... will get a local CPG / switches / firewalls ... this is neccessary to keep backup costs in check

Z Zia Siddiqui

It is my understanding that we now have two options: A. Cloud Core: All EPC components hosted by MSI B. Hosted Core: Parts of the EPC (most likely CPG or PGW) may be hosted by customer. Can someone confirm this?

C Carlos Hernandez Rodriguez

Team,

Regarding the two Cloud core options stated by Zia: A. Cloud Core: All EPC components hosted by MSI B. Hosted Core: Parts of the EPC (most likely CPG or PGW) may be hosted by customer.

Per Tim Grabacki, B is the approach going forward.  For some small customers we will allow them to use a CPG at the Cloud Core.  But that will only make sense for the 1-2 site customers. Long term it is better for the customer to own their own CPG.  He also pointed out that the Cloud Core offering is changing so it is not as all encompassing as originally proposed.  They are working on some internal overview slides.  Once I get them I’ll share them with the team.

Thanks,

Carlos

C Carlos Hernandez Rodriguez

Team,

Since Cloud (Hosted) LTE Services seems to be a recent trending topic I wanted to make you all aware of the upcoming 2011 Innovation & Quality Symposium presentation on that topic.  Enclosed is the meeting notice for you calendars.  If you are not able to see it live they will record the presentation and post the slides on the link found on the attach. 

Topic:

“Defining (and redefining) a new business  Hosted LTE Core Service (id:MPC00000682)”

Abstract is shown below:

Motorola’s hosted LTE core service provides an alternative to a customer to purchasing and implementing their own standalone LTE core. The hosted core service allows the customer to invest their funds in eNodeB sites instead of the core to maximize coverage and minimize expense on the purchase, deployment, maintenance, and operations of the LTE network. This case study will cover the following topics to explain the steps taken to create this new business within the new Advanced Services organization. • Motorola’s current hosted infrastructure experience • Market and customer needs and expectations • Technical issues for a hosted solution • Pricing and positioning of the solution within the LTE portfolio • Messaging to customers and sales • Basic principles of hosting infrastructure systems for public safety The value to the audience of this case study is that they will be able to see how a new business idea starts and changes.

Subject: “Defining (and redefining) a new business Hosted LTE Core Service (id:MPC00000682)” presentation by TIMOTHY GRABACKI - Innovation & Quality Symposium:MPC00000682 When: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:00 PM-5:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Where: Sigma or GoToMeeting link

You can attend this presentation remotely by joining GoToMeeting with this link at least 5 minutes before the start time: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/793454651.  Remote access is VoIP audio over slides only.

Thanks,

Carlos

M Michael Likin

Is the hosted core architecture now a split core as shown or is there a choice??? If we are proposing a hosted or cloud core is part of the core now going at the customer site?

D David Ruda

My thought would be hosted subnet(s) in a REN with application servers for shared use by constituent agencies.

C Charles Bland

"To clarify, is a cloud core a "hosted core" by a different name or is it different in design or architecture?" That's how I'm interpreting it. Chuck

D David Delisle

On a call with the Hosted Core Product Manager, Tim (?) and he says just a renaming to "cloud" in order to stay current with industry jargon.  We simply took the hosted core description and replaced hosted with cloud.

M Mark Searle

Chuck, I've uploaded a system description for what was called "Cloud Core" in Charlotte.  I assume "Cload Speak" is the same thing under a different name.   You may already have this.  If not, maybe this will get you starte. 

M Michael Likin

To clarify, is a cloud core a "hosted core" by a different name or is it different in design or architecture?

C Charles Bland

That would be "Cloud speak"  Sheesh......

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?