Installing Multiuser Administrator

// Expert user has replied.
P Pietro Francesco Maggi 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

Hi, I'm trying to setup the multiuser functionality included in the latest BSP for DV units. Following the documents it's not clear to me where to execute the convcred utilities. I've tried to execute it on the device with a shell (on the device or with adb) but I always get a "permission denied" message and I can't su or sudo the command. I've tried even on a x86 linux machine, but it's not the right kind of binary. any suggestion on how to do this? there will be available something more user-friendly in the future? regards Pietro

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

The convcred is a 64bit executable and you need a 64bit kernel to execute it. I've built a 64bit Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machine for VMWare and it worked. At this moment you need this if you want to test Multiuser login and AppLock ET1 features.

R Richard Baker

I built a 32 bit Unbuntu VM and utilized the convcred_32 bit application to convert the "usertext" file to a passwrd file. This worked. Multiuser Administration / password conversion needs a GUI version Windows or Lunix based executable. 

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

I’m not a linux expert, but I think that the current convcred executable is compiled as 64bit (dumpbind –a convcred returns elf64-x86-64). This is why I was not able to execute it on my 32bit linux machine and on the VMWare appliance I’ve built today with Ubuntu 10.04LTS...32bit Could someone please confirm that we need a 64bit linux kernel to execute this and then add the note to the documentation?
Otherwise can you provide a 32bit executable?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?