AP-6532 Mesh Configuration

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
17 4 0

Has anyone tried to configure AP-6532 Point to Point Mesh link?

Based on the status below, mesh link seems to be established.

However, I could not ping to the client AP from the wired (portal) side.

Am I missing some configuration?

The attached is my configuration.

ap6532-A42B14#show wireless mesh links

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CLIENT               CLIENT-RADIO-MAC  PORTAL               PORTAL-RADIO-MAC     UP TIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ap6532-A42F60:R2     5C-0E-8B-B5-4D-60 ap6532-A42B14:R2     5C-0E-8B-B5-64-50     0 days  00:10:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total number of radios displayed: 1

ap6532-A42B14#

Please send your configuration if have successfully configured. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Matt-san Thanks for your input. I added bridge VLAN1 as I am using, but did not work. Hi John-san Thank you also for your input. I tried auto and local, but it did not work. ==Portal=== profile ap6532 default-ap6532  autoinstall configuration  autoinstall firmware  interface radio1  interface radio2   channel 36+   mesh portal   wlan 6532MESH bss 1 primary ! ap6532 5C-0E-8B-A4-2B-14  use profile default-ap6532  use rf-domain default  hostname ap6532-A42B14  mint link vlan 1  bridge vlan 1   bridging-mode local ===Client=== profile ap6532 default-ap6532  autoinstall configuration  autoinstall firmware  interface radio1  interface radio2   channel 36+   mesh client   wlan 6532MESH bss 1 primary ! ap6532 5C-0E-8B-A4-2F-60  use profile default-ap6532  use rf-domain default  hostname ap6532-A42F60  mint link vlan 1  bridge vlan 1   bridging-mode local ===== The attached is my current configuration. Am I still missing something? If you can, please send your side single hop mesh configuration with AP-6532? Best Regards Sato

M Matthieu Dierick

Sato, Have a look on my architecture. It's different from yours. I had RFS4k and AP650. VLAN are tunneled and bridged. Mesh portal doesn't have any bridge. Only mesh clients have bridge vlan mesh. I will try to find the running configuration of both.

M Matthieu Dierick

Hi Sato, Did you manage to make it works ? If I remember well, I have added VLAN 1 as a BRIDGE VLAN in Bridge settings. My configuration was different but you could try. Matt

J John Sellin

You need to bridge your vlans sir. So if you want client to communicate on vlan 10. You would need to bridge vlan 10 in the APs. In the portal and client: self bridge vlan 10 ctrl z com wr The default is for the tunnel mode auto which will work for almost any pupose.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?