Are ADSP licences lost if IP changes?

// Expert user has replied.
J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years 5 months ago
0 9 0

Hi, I need to licence an ADSP with WLAN mgmt licences. In order to do this, ADSP needs to have access to the internet, so my customer has provided this via an ADSL router. We then need to set a temporary IP address to ADSP (i.e, 192.168.0.100) for this to work. Once this is done, ADSP has to operate with its corporate final IP address. So we must change it. So my concern is: if I licence an ADSP with a certain temporary IP address and then I change it, will licences still be active or not? thanks!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

9 Replies

H Henrich Hofbauer

Gerald, what do you mean with (ALMOST)? :)))

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I had issues with the delivery of the licences, dealing with the distributor. We finally got an email with instructions on activating via internet. In the meantime, I extracted the .enc file, because I supposed it was going to be needed. Thanks for the contact, I will get to him right now!

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Henrich helped me in nanoseconds! danke sehr!

J Jeff Bean

Call the Motorola Solutions Support Number - 800-653-5350 and have a Support Ticket generated. The Support Center will attach your .enc file to the case and escalate to Tier 2. Tier 2 will be able to generate the .lic file for the appliance. Jeff

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks, but I am afraid I work in EMEA and I do not think I am supposed to get support from US. Someone from EMEA that knows? Thanks again!

G Gerald Fehringer

hi, don't know your issues with Brno, but this works (almost) flawless like in the U.S! Just get in touch with: Hofbauer Henrich-KCPM43

G Gerald Fehringer

hi, the license request is done through the ADSP web-UI and your client browser (corr. proxy settings). Does mean the https/http request to the AirDefense Lic-Server doesn't go from the appliance itself (long time ago). Secondly, you always can directly contact the AirDefense Support and get the appropriate ENC-file directly for your specific customer and you don't need to perform online verification. Rgds, Gerald

N Nathan Rowe

Two answers to this question. #1.  The ADSP appliance does not require internet access to download the license file, the web browser running on teh client actually makes the request with the provided access code to download the license file.  So as long as the client has access to ADSP system and the internet it should work without any changes to the ADSP IP or network placement #2. In version 8.x and previous the system license is not tied to IP address so changing appliance IP will not have any impact on the license.  In 9.x and going forward the system IP is one factor which is tied to the license so appliance IP changes will invalidate the license. Nathan

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Thanks! I actually retrieved the enc file from my customer's ADSP, but then we received instructions on how to licence the unit via internet. How do I contact Airdefense Support to get the very licences with this file? I once tried Brno to no avail. Thanks again!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?