// Expert user has replied.
J Jonathan Boriotti 3 years 5 months ago
0 6 0

1) 6/25/12

2) 4HR

3) ET1

4) RevB

5) 2627377
Customer is inquiring about whether or not we have anything that could allow a developer to use usb products, such as an SDK, in the efforts of creating their own driver. They have an NFC reader they wish to connect to. I had informed the APAC employee that there isn't one, and that driver support of this nature would be provided were we to upgrade the Kernel to 3.1 (which natively supports it with the android OS), but he was insistent, since one can use a mouse or keyboard with the ET1 he thinks there's something we're not showing customers.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Sorry for the late response, I am verifying if we can provide a proper EMDK for ET1, I will update here with my findings, I am pretty sure that the mouse and the keyboard connected to the ET1 in HID protocol, Which is not suite for all USB connections.

J Jonathan Boriotti

The APAC associate is looking to confirm that the USB Port works in HID Protocol - I'm guessing this is the case based on your answer?

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

1. There is no EMDK for Android at this point (despite a few APIs for DataWedge), The customer can use general Android API for 2.3.3 version. 2.  About HID, There are many components that uses HID protocol, e.c. Bluetooth, display, USB, etc. Each of those components needs different driver, The ET1 supported HID protocol for keyboard and mouse only. (Scanners simulated keyboard connection). Adding new third-party driver into our OS not going to work, due to security issue, But as I said, they can use general Android APIs to establish a connection.

J Jonathan Boriotti

Still no response on this issue ... TS in APAC is still looking for an answer on this.

J Jonathan Boriotti

Still looking for an answer on this.

J Jonathan Boriotti

Still curious if there's an answer on this - can anyone advise?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?