Windows Mobile Device Center and Win 7

// Expert user has replied.
J Jonathan Boriotti 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

1) Time/Date 10/3/12

2) Response time 4hr

3) Product MC9190, MC9090

4) OS Version BSP 41

5) Clarify Case # 2691549 Basically, the customer is saying his devices, in aggregate, all have problems connecting in one form or another through USB, from anywhere to rarely to often. In the past, this issue has been responded to by saying A) Not our problem, this is Microsoft's OS or B) We can't reproduce this here. The customer is unhappy because competitor's devices don't seem to have this problem (again, anecdotal evidence on this), but they have drivers that seem to be specific to their devices. This also seems to be the case for MC Devices ("Symbol USB Driver" shows up), but again, so far, the customer hasn't found this issue with competitors devices. What can I do for the customer? I've seen other posts on devcentral on this, that mostly involve troubleshooting (such as here: http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/28646/view.aspx, but the customer believes the problem is us, not the PC or Microsoft.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

There is no specific driver for each unit. As far as I know we are using the generic Microsoft USB driver - RNDIS, There is no specific drivers that we developed for this. Can you try to remove and reinstalled the WMDC? I just verified that the MC91 WM 6.5 connected correctly to my Win7 laptop.

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

Can you asked him to try to reconnect it to a different USB plug? Sometimes it helps. In case it didn't, can you asked them to provide a screen shots of this error, or at least its exact wording?

J Jonathan Boriotti

He's tried these before. I could try and get captures of the exact error. Ultimately, I think it would be more useful if I got more information on how exactly the devices connect over WMDC. As the customer stated, intermec apparently has it's own driver, where it isn't apparent if we have one or not. Sometimes a message will pop up saying something about a symbol driver, and sometimes not. Do we developer driver(s) for our units that allow it to connect to a PC? Or is this a buitlin driver with the OS? If we do develop our own driver, is it one driver for all units, one driver for each OS, one driver for each individual unit, etc? If there were a specific issue, and the driver was at fault, could we fix it?

J Jonathan Boriotti

Customer is still looking for a response on this

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?