Windows 8 and WMDC

// Expert user has replied.
J Jonathan Boriotti 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

1) Time/Date 12/4/12

2) Response time 4 hr

3) Product MC9190

4) OS Version BSP 41

5) Clarify Case # 2726023 Customer is having issues with connecting their device at all with Windows 8 through WMDC. We don't even technically have a Windows 8 machine in the Tech Support center - I have one laptop x64 bit with x86 Windows 8 on it. This kind of issue isn't really easy to produce in the first place, let alone the now serious problem of not having the operating system. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jonathan Boriotti

Is there anything I can do for this customer besides general troubleshooting help? There's a problem with Windows 7 WMDC and Windows 8 WMDC and the response I've always gotten is "Nothing we can do about it, just try messing with it or resinstalling" because it's a microsoft issue. This customer is pushing this problem persistently - I can't SPR without reproduction, and I'm not even sure I can SPR this as they haven't even released a version of WMDC for Windows 8 yet.

J Jonathan Boriotti

Still looking for something that I can offer the customer - even if the official response is "Not supported, seek out Microsoft"

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?