lock down Pocket IE zoom rate

// Expert user has replied.
J Jun-Hua Liu 3 years 5 months ago
1 7 0

Is there a registry item to set and lock down the zoom rate of Pocket IE on our mobile devices? The customer does not want to let the end users to change the zoom rate so that the application can be shown with the best effect. Thank you! Junhua

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

J Jun-Hua Liu

I got the solution from our supporting team. It works! A bit different from the one for WM5.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] "Task Bar"=dword:00000000 "Status"=dword:00000000 "Command Bar"=dword:00000000 "Menu Bar"=dword:00000000 "URL"=dword:00000000 "FullScreen"=Dword:00000001 "ZoomSetting"=dword:00000004        

M Marcus Kurath

Please try these--I think the other file is corrupt

J Jun-Hua Liu

Hi Marcus, I tested the cab file on both MC75A0 and MC65, but made no difference.   I will tried the following Kiosk mode registy items to disable URL, menu, etc, but failed again. Do you know whether those registry tweaks work for WM6.5? Thank you! Junhua

M Marcus Kurath

I downloaded the kiosk mode cab from Dev central a long time ago. I thougght I might need it, but I never did.. I have no idea what it is supported on, but you might want to search Dev Central and find the original publisher

M Marcus Kurath

The attached IEzoom files allow you to set the default zoom for IE...so if they need to modify the default this will make it persistent...I've never used the kiosk mode but I picked it up somewhere along the way..it might also be helpful

J Jun-Hua Liu

Hi Marcus, Thanks for your help! Could you share the password of IEZoom.zip? Hi Kjell, The customer is testing MC65. Thanks for your solution! It is difficult to persuade the customer to change their application. Anyway, I will try. Thank you! Junhua

K Kjell Lloyd

Not sure which OS and device... but in general you should use the following meta tags to:     There are some viewport registry keys but I'm not sure if those really works or if webpage overrides these values...

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?