ADSP license for the location tracking against rogue AP and rogue MU

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Hi

This might be the basic query, however, I am wondering which we should propose for this deal. The requirement is that the customer wants to detect Rogue AP/MU and know the location. Which license is needed for this purpose? Currently we have Proximity and Analytics, so I might be confusing. Your side input would be greatly appreciated. Best Regard

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

P Peddi Indukuri

It depends on the customer requirements. There are customers who wants to do "real-time" tracking of rouge or any Wi-Fi device. In that case, Proximity Awareness is an ideal choice. That said, with Advanced Forensics too, it is possible to find an approximate location of a device, but using historic RSSI data, and obviously it is not real-time.

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Indukuri-san Thank you for your input. This is helpful for me to back to the partner.

P Peddi Indukuri

The Proximity license is required for locating any Wi-Fi device - be it a rouge or sanctioned device. The license is per device - where a device could be a Radioshare AP or a dedicated sensor.

A Andreas Richter

hello, in order to locate a Rogue device on a floorplan / map, one can use the Advanced  Forensic lic ( PN AD-FESN-P1) . In that case, a Proximity lic would not be needed. BTW, Live RF lic is also capable of displaying Rogues. BR Andreas Richter

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?