Datawedge output via USB dongle

C Christopher Fikert 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Team, is it possible to send datawedge output through the MC55A0 charge and communication cable (25-108022-03R - USB Charge and Communications cable for the MC550.  Charging requires power supply and AC Line cord)?  Essentially the MC55 would become a tethered scanner and the output would be via USB or serial.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

I think this could work provided you connect the MC to a PC via ActiveSync which will provide a usable IP connection i.e. you could then use the IP Output plugin to send data to the host (which could be either the PC itself or another machine on the network) and the IP Wedge supplied with the plugin can receive the data and put it into the keyboard queue for access by any application. Have not tried this myself but should be a workable solution . Best Regards, Ian Hatton MSI EMEA

E Efkan YILMAZ

Ian, I've used the DataWedge IP Output plug-in on the MT2090 and MC9090.  It works well.  It basically turns the mobile computer into a cordless ADC device.  You need to install the DataWedge IP Host application on the PC (you don't need to use ActiveSync on the PC).  You configure DataWedge on the mobile computer with the IP address/name of the PC running DataWedge IP Host.  The DataWedge IP Host application puts whatever the mobile computer sends into the keyboard buffer. If you're using the MT2090, you can also use the Scan-To-IP application that is included on the device.  This app adds a few more features than DataWedge like a scan to pair barcode and positive feedback that the scan data was sent to the host PC.  With DataWedge there is no confirmation that the scan data was successfully received by the host PC. Thanks, Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?