MC75 Biometric Question

I Ian Shawyer 3 years 5 months ago
1 0 0

Hi - I have a partner testing the MC75 Biometric snap on and they have raised the following qn I can't answer - any advice welcome I have got the demo app from the finger reader SDK up and running on the device,  and am able to see the code OK in Visual Studio 2005. However, this seems to just capture an image of the fingerprint, and doesn’t seem to provide any facility for converting this to any sort of pattern identifying that fingerprint, or to compare with an existing fingerprint pattern for identification. Instead, the help file talks about pattern matching libraries, and says ‘ the raw byte array can likely be converted to whatever format that the library requires’. I seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle here, how do we convert what is captured by the reader into something that can be used to identify someone? I was expecting something that would take that image and convert it into a template of points. Other non-handheld fingerprint systems we use actually perform the conversion and checks themselves, is there just a bit in the SDK that I haven’t found yet? Do we need to get a pattern matching library from a third party? Thanks for your help.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?