Using access keys/shortcuts/function keys in PowerBrowser on MC55

A Andreas Jonsson 3 years 4 months ago
2 1 0

Hello,

I am attempting to get an already existing web app to run on the PocketBrowser 3.0 on a Motorola MC55. I want to have a shortcut so a user can go immediately to a certain button by pressing some combination of keys, like Alt-1.

This works fine in ordinary browsers setting the accessKey property on the button: HTML DOM accessKey Property

Is this supposed to work on the PocketBrowser? I found a website which said that it supposedly supports the accessKey attribute, but if it does I can't for the life of my figure out what keys I'm supposed to press. "Blue key" followed by 1?

In an old document (http://software.symbol.com/files/Symbol_PocketBrowser_PRG.PDF, page 17) I read that you can bind JavaScript events to a keypress. I could use this as a workaround, but I have to know the hex code of the keys. Is this available anywhere?

In the PocketBrowser's config file there are settings like "EnableFunctionKey_F1" (Rhomobile | RhoElements Configuration Settings , Rhomobile | KeyCapture Module), can I use this somehow? Again it seems like I need to know the hex codes.

Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Check-out the OnKeyPress Event in the Pocketbrowser guide, use that to determine the ASCII value then convert it to hex if you want to use the On Key Tag with HTTP-Equiv.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?