SB1 severe crash

N Nicolas Etienne 3 years 4 months ago
0 5 0

My SB1 (which is a SB1 AI - Audio integrated) was displaying the lockscreen with issue in the display (line of the middle where "offset".

I decided to re-install the os 36.

I did it.. and during the install, an exception occured saying install didn't complete.

At the end, the SB1 reboot and now is stuck in the Windows CE classic desktop environment ...

Yes, I can see the Start menu (with suspend), and so on

But, how do I get out and reset this bloody machine ?

I've tried Home/scan ==> Nothing happened

So, do I have another solution than sending it back to where I bought it ?

Thanks for any replies

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

N Nicolas Etienne

I've got the waiting screen but the scanner is off

Yep, during the update, an exception occured saying ... 1BCN6.exe (or something like that) crashed...

could you give more explanation about the process with RDT solo ? (I have the network)

Thanks

N Nicolas Etienne

OK Daniel, I did follow your advices and now, RhoElementBrowser is back on line...

Let me explain why I tried the OS Update.

I've done a package (APF file) with files I want to deploy on the SB1.

For 3 SB1, the deployment worked fine.. but for only 1 SB1 (the one I'm struggling with), when I try to start a simple application html, the SB1 says : ""system Message, Application is busy or not responding"...

I used the same APF for each SB1... all worked fine but this one... what could it be ?

the application is only a html file with a div.. no link with asl.css nor asl.js...

Looks like if for this SB1, the userdrive was not a good place to place application.

Any ideas about what I could do ?

I added a sample screenshot of the lockscreen... (as you can see, there is a "display" bug (because the letter should be a WIIO perfect as it is on other SB1).

N Nicolas Etienne

Well, i've changed my apps.json and change the url for my application but it's still the same result (application is busy or not responding)...

I think it's time to end the research and send back the device to support

Thanks for your help Daniel

N Nicolas Etienne

well the scanner is disabled. I've tried Rapid deployement but scanner being off, can't do anything.

I've tried 10 seconds home/scan, it just reboot the SB1 and go back to windows CE desktop

Can't connect to usb because it is the SB1 New generation (with audio) and I don't have the usb kit yet !

Look like I'm stuck, no ?

E Efkan YILMAZ

If you can get to the CE Start button, you could try doing the OS update again.  Start/Programs/Rapid Deployment client should get you to the point where you can scan a barcode to do the update.  The Home/Scan should still work to boot though, and you won't see anything happen on the screen.  You have to hold Home/Scan for 10 seconds or so until you see the scanner flash.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?