Is there a way to use notification/statusbar functionality, wihtout using any push/sync engine ?

// Expert user has replied.
G Gert Vandelaer 3 years 5 months ago
3 1 0

Hi all,

I don't use push, just client pulling scheduled info from webservices .. I'd like however for the user to be notified in statusbar/notification_section of device, when the app is in the background.

I read through the "push" sections of the rhomobile docs (i'm using latest git 5.0 branch), but the notifs are all linked to push functionality, which I'm not using.

Also, ho.Notification.showPopup/showStatus is no alternative, because it's main purpose is ofcourse to notifiy user when app is in background.  "beep/vibrate" works fine, but I don't understand why I cannot display a message in the notification/Statusbar section of the device ?

grtz & thnx
Gert

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

B Bhakta Ranjan Satapathy

Hi,

You can display notification when application is in background by using Rho.Notification Api.

Kindly go through docs @ http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/5.0.0/api/Notification#mshowPopupSTATIC

Code snippet
Rho.Notification.showPopup(
);

The above code will show a notification in notification bar when app is in background with customized icon.

Thanks

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?