M Mark Nongkhlaw 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

In my controller, I have code like :

def show_filtered_app
  @menu = {"Go Home" => :home,
  "Save Data" => "/app/Project/save_app"
  }

end

But the controller action menu "Go Home" and "Save Data" does not show up in WP in certain methods, whereas it does in others. That's why I'm dumbfounded.
Is there any special thing that needs to be done for Controller action menus to work properly?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Mark Nongkhlaw

Turns out my Alert popups were interfering with the controller menu.
But I'm still waiting for the time when Moto can come out with a Kitchen Sink app which can be distributed via the Windows Phone Store...

K Kutir Mobility

Just a quick try Mark..
Have you tried running the samples at https://github.com/rhomobile/rho-samples/tree/master/kitchensink ?
FYI, it was not tested in WP yet but just asking you in case.

BTW, what RMS version are you using ?

Visnupriya R
Kutir Mobility

M Mark Nongkhlaw

Unfortunately, I only have a Windows 7 PC to test with using the emulator. I did download and try to deploy the .XAP file of the Kitchen Sink app on the emulator, but it failed with an "invalid file" or some such error. Not sure if its because it needs a Windows 8 PC to deploy. Or is it because it is not compliant to Windows Phone Store specifications (Ref. https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/thread/4831).
Have you tried deploying the Kitchen Sink .XAP file on your emulator or device (WP7/7.5/8)? Was it a successful deployment?
Anyway, I fail to see how it can help with getting my controller action menu to show up. Are there samples in there that show off this feature?
I don't use any RMS, just Rhostudio with 3.3.2 version of Rhodes. I should mention that my app although developed on Win7 PC also runs on a WP8 phone, except for the controller action menu problems and of course other problems like splash screen etc. for which I posted earlier.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?