App not building with Rhodes 5.0.2 on MAC?

S Siddhant Wadhera 3 years 5 months ago
0 4 0

Hi
I am able to build my app using rhodes 4.1.1.But today i  have installed the the latest version rhodes 5.0.2 with RMS5.0.When using this the app doesn't  build on my MAC machine having XCode 6.0 and OS 10.9.5  it gives the error as shown below

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
  ==================== ERROR! ==================== 
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    Ld build/Release-iphoneos/rhorunner.app/rhorunner normal armv7
(1 failure)
cd /Users/varalakshmip/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-5.0.2
ERROR during building by XCode !
XCode return next error code = pid 95524 exit 65

I do not understand why this happens i even tried clean and then build from Bash using rake command for iPhone

Kinldy let me know whats going wrong here as the same app works on rhodes 4.1.1

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Siddhant

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

D Dmitry Soldatenkov

Hi,

Please post full console output for "rake run:iphone --trace" or full build log from XCode.
If you use XCode project generated in 4.0, you should regenerate it by 5.0 (remove app_folder/project/iphone and regenerate by "rake build:iphone:setup_xcode_project")

D Dmitry Soldatenkov

5.0 not supported start in simulator by "rake run:iphone" - building and start from XCode 6 supported.

J Jon Tara

5.0.2 does not support build with Xcode 6. Use Xcode 5.1.1.

You can build with Xcode 6 using current git master, though. There are a few issues still (I filed several, though some seem related). I would expect the next released version will fully support build with Xcode 6. There are workarounds for the minor build problems, and I have been building with XCode6 successfully.

S Siddhant Wadhera

Hi Jon
Thanks for the info
But i need to build  the app for iOS 8 for which i need Xcode6.
The reason for using rhodes5.0.2 instead of rhodes 4.1.1 is because Geo Location API of rhodes4.1.1 is not working on iOS 8 it always gives 0 for Lat and Long position co-ordinates.

Is there a work around for this so that i can get the Geo location API working

Thanks
Siddhant

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?