If you have a Nano SIM... read this

// Expert user has replied.
D David Singer 3 years 4 months ago
6 4 0

TC75 Alpha Users,

If you have a Nano SIM and are trying to get it to work on the TC75, read the following:

Here is what you need to do to make the Nano SIM slot active…

• Place the config file (attached) into the SD card root folder. Config file is placed in the path
          o \\celerra11.symbol.com\Projects2\Ubuntu_Tools\WWAN_UI
• Go to settings -> More… -> Mobile networks -> SIM socket selection to set the SIM socket (default is Mini SIM).
• The config will enable the "preferred network type" UI. From the UI the required network type (2G/3G/4G) can be selected.

That should do the trick.
David Singer

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

HELLO DAVE,

what about the promised changes that WWAN ui config will be integrated in OS  GMS 
and that there will be a CSP to control this

can you ask when this will be implemented

D David Singer

Herbert,
Great questions.

The TC75 GMS versions have the UI built-in, you just need to activate it... the info below is from the very bottom of the READ ME FIRST for TC75 GMS BSPs on the Beta Extranet Site...

NEW FOR TC75 GMS… the UI to change SIM Card is Pre-Installed… just do the following to activate the UI and set the SIM slot…

a). Settings -> About phone -> SW components -> Tap “WWAN” 5 times and now the UI to select the SIM slot is activated.

b). Settings -> More… -> Mobile networks -> SIM socket selection

I do not know about Non GMS... that hopefully will come in a MR down the road

As far as CSPs go... I would like to think so, but we should get confirmation on that one.
Thank you and enjoy the day.
David

B Ben Wahlquist

Thanks!
This solution is still needed and still works great on firmware current as of 7/1/15.  Nano SIM slot 1 with AT&T.
BW

M Mahesh Mutha

New document for TC75 config is uploaded.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?