Rhconnect Push Issues...

J John Hadfield 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

Folks,

We're suffering with some issues in trying to get Rhoconnect Push working with Rhomobile 4.0.x

Firstly, we suffer 'force closes' on our Rhomobile application (4 or 5 per day) when the ANS application is installed and running (regardless of not doing any push sync yet).  Removal of the ANS app stops the force closing.

Secondly, I believe we are struggling with the length of password used in RhoConnect authentication.  When we use an SHA256 (64 byte) hashed password, the Rhoconnect push server behaves erratically - sometimes failing with a SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE in the client log, sometimes with an UNAUTHORIZED.

This goes away when we reduce the password to a 32 byte string (MD5). 

We are on Rhomobile 4.0.n, client gem list is as follows:

rhoconnect (4.0.1, 4.0.0)     rhoconnect-adapters (1.0.6)     rhoconnect-client (4.0.8, 4.0.4)     rhodes (4.0.8, 4.0.6)     rhodes-translator (0.0.4)     rhoelements (4.0.3, 4.0.0.9, 4.0.0)     rhohub (1.0)     rhomobile-debug (1.0.7)

Rhoconnect push server version is: 1.2.3

We are using the rhoconnect-push-service.apk that came with Rhomobile suite 4.0.0.

We are not in a position to upgrade to 4.1 or 5 of Rhomobile suite.

I guess my question is, has *anyone* overcome these issues to be using push sync in production, and if so - please tell me how!

Many thanks

John

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Alexander Babichev

Can you be more specific about 'force closes' on Rhomobile application?

J John Hadfield

I'm not certain what specific information you require, but....

We find at seemingly random times the application will fail with an "EonUK-FFIN has stopped" message. 
In many cases we need to reboot the TC-55 before we can successfully restart then application - it gets stuck on the splash screen.

This often seems to follow a time-out of the device screen.

The logs we see on restart look like this...

If we uninstall the push app, we stop seeing the crashes.

If there's anything further that might be helpful, please let me know.

Thanks

John

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?