TC 55 screen keeps blinking

// Expert user has replied.
M Maarten Van Reeth 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

I have written an app for Android using XamarinStudio. This app is using the Bluetooth (connection to a printer and sending data via Bluetooth to printer), it uses the SD-Card to read/write in a database. And a datawedge profile set on broadcasting, that in my app is listened to via a broadcastreceiver. Also wifi is used when they are back at the office to synchronize data

During main testing. I had no real issues except for the occasional crash because I didn’t check my parameters properly. This app is now running about 6 months with the client, and today he sent me this recording of what was happening with the scanner (the one attached to this mail). My mind is baffled about this, I never encountered anything like this nor can I reproduce it here. Do you guys have heard about an issue like this before?

The solution off the user that day was restarting the device.

I have also sent this exact text to the Helpdesk, since i rly dont know if its a hardware or software issue.

With Kind Regards

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

I would bet on an HW issue, maybe something linked to the proximity sensor?

But if this is only happening on a single device after 6 months of usage, or you're piling up a lot of cruft or I don't see what can generate this behaviour.

Can you collect some logs in the field to understand what is going on?
RxLogger is already installed on the device and should be easy to enable it. then you just need to have the customer send you the logs to see if there's something strange.

~PIetro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?