nosip.ShowSIP(true) not working on Android

T Tobias Kiefer 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

Hello everyone,

In my android application I want to place a button which globally allows / forbids the appearance of the soft keyboard.
Using PreloadLegacyNoSIP as 1 I was able to permanently remove the softkeyboard in Android. According to the reference (Rhomobile | NoSIP Preexisting JavaScript Object) there should be a nosip object now on which I can call nosip.ShowSIP(bool) to show and hide the keyboard which would accomplish the above task.
However, I always get a ReferenceError that the variable nosip cannot be found. Using the same code on the server but connecting with a wm device everything works fine.

Does anyone have suggestions what could be the problem on Android here?

Thank you in advance,
Tobi

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Toby,

Owing to technical limitations the pre-existing objects were removed in RMS 4.0, if you're using 5.0 or higher then one potential work around is to include elements.js on your page (find it installed on your machine under C:\RhoMobileSuite5.x.y\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhoelements-5.x.y\libs\rhoelementsext\public\re1).  That file contains the definition of nosip, I haven't tried it myself but it should work

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?