Syncing RhoElement App with ActiveSync

G Guillermo James 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Dear All

Is ti possible to sync a Rho App usign ActiveSync?. Our intention is to send data from the device to a server on the cloud. If it is possible, which protocol should be the safe and faster for data transfer (to the cloud)?

Thanks!
Regards
Guillermo

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Nongkhlaw

For me ActiveSync is a very useful feature for using my PC's internet connection on a WM device to test things like connecting to my webservice running in the cloud or local LAN. Its called reverse tethering in Android world. I also used it in the past for syncing data through Rhoconnect, but that was for local LAN, not cloud, but I believe its possible for cloud too.

Basically, I use ActiveSync just for getting network access, but I use AsyncHTTP or network API or Rhoconnect to actually sync. Others may have used ActiveSync as a 'syncing engine', but for me, I dont even use it to sync my phone address book!

BTW, Ive also used ActiveSync for an 'always connected scenario' Rho app where I connect directly to SQL Server thru a ROR local webservice. Here, my app just provides the UI, but data is not stored in the device but in the enterprise backend.

G Guillermo James

Thanks Mark four valuable information!
Kind regards

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?