Building a Hybrid (Native & Web ) app

W Wissam Aoufan 3 years 5 months ago
0 3 0

Hi,
I' m trying to build native app using rhomobile where the screens are simple containers of webpages. I need to know which components or widgets cab be used to do so.

Thanx

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

c charbel succar

Hi,
you mentioned that Apple refuse the case where we build a native app that simply "frames" a website. is it possible to have an official link that post this case?

Cheers,

J Jon Tara

Really not sure what your question is.

If you are just going to point it at web pages, you can use whatever components or widgets you want on the web pages.

But... you don't need Rhodes for that - I would use PhoneGap/Cordova. And, really, even that might be overkill, as there are even more simple native wrappers that just wrap a WebView that you can point at a website.

If you had some thought of making an app for the Apple App Store (you haven't said what you are trying to do)... it won't be accepted. A native app that simply "frames" a website is a category that Apple very specifically excludes. (Google Play is less picky.)

W Wissam Aoufan

Thanx for the feedback. Actually I already have an existing app built with Rhodes and would like to add some screens to  it that are simply web forms of another web application.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?