Any difference between CE7 and WM6.5 Function key behavior?

G Gary Hartstone 3 years 5 months ago
12 1 0

Hi,
I have recently deployed several MC92N0-WM6.5 (43 key) and WT41N0-CE7 devices to a customer using the 1.2.9.0 Webkit version.
The reports I am getting back is that the F11 key is not working on the MC92N0-WM6.5  but is working on the WT41N0-CE7 (for the WT41N0 we had a keymap update to configure the P1 key to F11).

The customer had previously been using a MC92N0-CE7 using the 1.0..0.15 Webkit version and there were no issues with the F11 key.

Function Keys are enabled in the config.xml

any ideas?

Regards
Gary

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

G Gary Hartstone

OK, so after some more investigation with the Key Capture component it appears that Enterprise Browser is reading the F11 key as value 229 instead of 122.
All other function Keys F1-F10 and F12 report the correct key values.

Can I include a key remap in the section of config.xml to fix this?

Also found this...
Use of Key Capture module on Localized Operating Systems

Users of the key capture module with Chinese, Korean and Japanese operating systems should bear the following in mind: Internally the KeyCapture module stores key representations as VK codes, therefore the key event will always return VK_PROCESSKEY (229) and keys can not be individually specified. In JavaScript the DOM element’s keyup event can be used as an indication of which key has been pressed.

Does that mean for some reason the F11 is behaving as if it had a Chinese, Korean and Japanese operating system?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?